Subject: Hard crashing

Hard crashing

From: Riahi, Shervin <Shervin_Riahi_at_dfci.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 21:25:15 -0400

Hey guys! I've been perplexed by crashing bug which, as far as I have been able
to tell, is irreproducible. Basically, I can be playing a playlist or just files
in a directory, and without warning I receive the following error:

I09:CPUAdrEr
at 0F00084A

I dunno if anyone remembers, but I posted a similar message back in September,
except that the address is different (there was a 7 in it, if I recall
correctly). Anyway, here is the pertinent info:

- This has occurred with daily builds since Sept 25th onwards. That is, the
above-mentioned error message would appear...I used to encounter a similar
crashing error before the 25th, but I do not think the second line of the error
message was identical to the most recent one.

- I am using an AJBR 10, with ROM firmware 1.27b, and daily builds from 9/25/02
through today's build, 10/07/02

- As I mentioned before, I have been unable to faithfully reproduce the problem.
It seems to be quite random, which I imagine rules out bad hardware (a bad HD
would have the error occur in the same place).

- I can't think of anything else to report...the mp3s can be VBR or CBR, in many
nested directories on in just one dir from the root, and only contain ID3 v1
tags.

ANY help with this problem would be appreciated, as you can imagine that I find
this crashing rather disruptive to my Rockbox experience :). This error
notwithstanding, as many have said before me, Rockbox ROCKS, and I'd like to
thank everyone again for all the hard work and effort they've already put in and
continue to invest!

-Sherv