Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Why portable player? RE: Feature suggestion: Radio-like master playlist of playlists.

Why portable player? RE: Feature suggestion: Radio-like master playlist of playlists.

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:58:06 +0200

rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se schrieb am 11.10.02 13:12:16:
> > I get your point, but this seems to be a perfect choice for an offline
> > script of some sort. I mean, running the script that outputs
> > a playlist you want would be as little or less trouble than
> > compiling the sets of playlists you require in your request.
>
> An even better question is:
> why on earth do this on a portable MP3 player and not on a PC?

Hi Linus, here are some of my reasons:

One of the reason why the jukebox is so great is that it frees my the mp3 from
my PC. I can bring a jukebox anywhere and hook it up to existing stereo systems
and have great music (and also great background entertainment)

Another reason is power consumption. The Archos draws much less power than
a PC running all the time. I also have no PC in the rooms where I need background
music.

The most important reason is that I currently do over 90% of my mp3 listening
on the jukebox with RockBox. That's why I like to be as much pc-independent as
possible.

Regards
Martin

Nutzen Sie Ihre Zeit fur wirklich wichtige Dinge! Alle E-Mail-Adressen
zentral verwalten unter: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021121