Subject: Random Archos Reboots

Random Archos Reboots

From: David Ashman <david_at_ashman.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:30:37 -0400

My BR20 seems to have a weird reboot problem. When I got it out of the box, it wouldn't boot at all. Figured it was just REALLY dead batteries. So I let it charge for a while. I installed 10/22 on it. Worked fine last night at the gym. Used about 15% of the battery in 1 hour. I just plugged it into USB (with rockbox running, deep discharge on), and within 20 minutes, it rebooted itself into the ROM version. I rebooted back into rockbox and it read 40% on the battery meter. Is it typical to drain 40% of the battery in 20 minutes through USB? Seems like a lot. As soon as I plugged USB back in, it rebooted into the ROM version again. Seems to be doing fine in the ROM version right now. Any ideas? Lemon batteries? Lemon unit? Should I just recondition the batteries a few times? Forget deep discharge?

Specs:
JBR20101
ROM: 1.28
Rockbox: 10/22