Subject: Re: Re: Suggestion for new file name filter

Re: Re: Suggestion for new file name filter

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:37:17 +0100

rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se schrieb am 29.10.02 03:12:00:
> One possible issue with this approach would be when you have more tracks
> than the display can hold. Given your example, on a 6000, which only has
> 2 lines of text in the WPS, ...

The suggestion not for the WPS.
Here it always makes sense to display the full name.

It's only for the directory browser, where a screen full of identical
file name beginnings makes it really hard to find the file you want
fast, because in the worst case you need to scroll through each
single line...

BTW, I really like the totally-user-defined-filter idea that came up.
Can someone explain, how the syntax for comparing file beginnings
could look like?

If this really get's implemented, there's one more thing I didn't think of
in my original post. When a file name fits the display, it should not be
shortened....

Martin