Subject: Re: disk write code - another bug

Re: disk write code - another bug

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 16:36:28 +0100

Greg Haerr wrote:
> I'm going to convert this to the buffer-cached routines over the weekend
> and see how much more code I can clean up (this will be done after I get
> the multi-sector read/write stuff working)

I recommend you post your intentions before spending many hours rewriting the code. You still have not shown us how your code will work, and be substantially simpler.

The only thing I have seen so far is your consolidated buffer code. And you haven't told us how you will change it so it does not hurt performance.

Lets avoid repeating the font incident we had earlier, where one person spent a lot of time rewriting code in isolation and then became angry when I didn't accept his big patch.

--
Björn