Subject: Re: recording -- issues

Re: recording -- issues

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 23:37:11 +0100

Eric Linenberg wrote:
> What exactly do the recording features mean in the current menus?
>
> --like, what does quality 1-7 mean?

Ask Micronas. :-)

> --also, the frequency menu is odd. It seems to go in no order. I think
> it should go from lowest to highest.

I'll consider that.

> --the kbps is messed up on the recording. I get 320kbps at quality=5,
> 160kbit at quality=7.

That's because we don't generate a VBR header yet. The file is
interpreted as a CBR file, with the bitrate of the first frame in the file.

> --the time that is shown on the recorded songs is always a few seconds
> less then the play time.

See above about VBR header.

> --gain less than 22.5db I get no sound

True. That's because 22.5dB is the lowest setting possible, and
according to the Micronas data sheets that corresponds to 22.5dB. really
silly, imho. Maybe we should call it 0-15 instead.

> otherwise, seems to work okay. this is on the current CVS. On a
> recorder 6k 1.17ia

You will find more bugs, trust me. :-)

/Linus