Subject: OT: Mp3DirectCut plug in answer to "Newbie questions"

OT: Mp3DirectCut plug in answer to "Newbie questions"

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:43:48 +0100

rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se schrieb am 14.11.02 19:57:09:

> >4) This question is probably beyond the scope of this list but I'll
> >ask anyway... when I record a cassette do I have to record each
> >track separately or can I break it into tracks after it is recorded?
> >I guess I envision something like the following:
>
> I would suggest you use your PC to record the cassettes, so you can
> clean it up a bit (get rid off hiss/cracks etc..) and cut it up into
> the parts you like.. then encode the .wav files into mp3 ID them and
> transfer the mp3 files to the Archos.
>
> The main advantage of using the AJR20 to record is that in order to
> clean up your recording you would have to go from mp3 to wav and back
> which in not a good thing..

If you feel like recording cassettes with the Archos, go for it!
You loose the opportunity to improve the sound on the PC, on the
other hand, you win a lot of free time (saving and encoding wav
files costs a lot of time) and you can use your PC for other tasks
while recording tapes.
The freeware mp3 editor at "www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/" has
just been updated this wednesday - if you don't know this software
- have a look.

Martin.

Viren? Wir wissen nicht was Ihr Arzt empfiehlt. Wir empfehlen den
Virencheck für Dateianhänge! http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021159