Subject: More recording feedback

More recording feedback

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:49:22 +0100

Hi,

I've started testing the recording function some more.
I'm using the "archos20021116.ajz" on 20GB recorder.

Yesterday I did some short recordings (aprox 20 minutes each)
which worked fine. I only had (and still have) problems with the
display:

- While recording from the digital input with a 48kHz signal the peak
meter is almost completely deactivated: When I start the recording
the peak levels go up once for a split second (probably the
beginning) and then fall down permanently. Only this first 2-3 pixels
of the left peak bar then show some movement.

- When I stop recording and play back a file I got some strange
results. The playback was stuttering several times per second. After
turning off the unit completely the recorded file played OK.

- I know it's only demo code, but I'd still love to get text feedback
on the recording screen (like running time or number written blocks -
anything that shows that the unit is still alive and gives me an
estimation on how long the recording gets)

While I'm writing this I'm doing long time recording tests - let's
see if the code works for 3 hours in a row... I'll post the results
soon.