Subject: Re: silent playing.

Re: silent playing.

From: Vincent Kargatis <lartis_at_ath.forthnet.gr>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:22:56 +0200

From: "Linus Nielsen Feltzing" <linus_at_haxx.se>
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 10:51 AM

> On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:35:46 -0600, gerald clark wrote:
> > On some it may play for a few seconds, then go silent while still
> > appearing to play.
> > hitting the back button will repeat the silence at the same
> > position in the song.
> > Pressing stop and then play will cause it to play correctly.
>
> What bitrate/frequency is the song?
>
> What Archos model are you using?

I recently noted this in the yahoogroups list:
--
I see this occasionally with rockbox, and I'm pretty sure it has little
to do with the actual data on disk, at least, for me.  It almost always
happens after a bump or jolt, say, if it's in my pocket while walking.
Then the sound stops, but the timer continues.  If you wait, the sound
will return, and I think this corresponds to a buffer refresh.  So
basically, some glitch seems to cause rockbox sound to disappear for the
duration of the current buffer read.
That's how I read my problem.  I don't believe it's been diagnosed by
the rockbox team yet.
--
This is the AJB20, rockbox 20021030 (tho rockbox has acted this way for
a while).  I've noticed no correlation with bitrate, though that doesn't