Subject: Re: USB driver in NetBSD-current broken for Archos :-(

Re: USB driver in NetBSD-current broken for Archos :-(

From: George Michaelson <ggm_at_apnic.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:29:52 +1000

It occurs to me that this may be a hardware level thing.

I have a Dell L400, it only has one USB 1.0 slot on the side. The Archos pages
are very specific about recommending you NOT use a hub, or a keyboard fed USB
(interestingly, this is how I loaded it via a Mac, go figure)

SO could it be that the Dell USB is semi-braindead, and I am SOL because of
the way I am cabled through to the mainboard, more than USB driver behaviours?

(since others have 1.6 NetBSD working, and FreeBSD is working, I do suspect
this isn't down to the O/S itself)

I am still using Archos O/S, I haven't yet cut to rockbox. I am working on the
assumption that for USB, this doesn't matter because its done in chipset level
code, not the firmware.

-George