Subject: comments on feature request

comments on feature request

From: q r <fly_at_zensearch.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 01:25:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi

A while back I posted a feature request for the text viewer, but since I never mentioned it here, it got no discussion. I think a request has a better chance of burrowing its way into one of the programmers minds and getting implemented, if it gets positive feedback on this list instead of being just a little request that gets lost in the big long list of requests...

I'm not sure how many people really use the text viewer but I think its great for reading books. But the batteries go down must faster because the buffer is only 1K(I think). This means that for every 7 or 8 little pages I view the disk must be accessed again(every 20 seconds or so).I requested a way to set the buffer bigger to save on battery life. It would also make reading smoother as you wouldn't have to wait as often for the buffer to be reloaded. The Archos firmware seems to load the entire file at once, which seems excessive but cuts down on disk accessing.

This seems like it would be easy to implement. Instead of a setting to change buffer size, maybe just make it bigger permanantly-even easier. 10k would be nice and seems like a negligable amount compared to the 1.7M available for music. Maybe it could even refresh the text buffer automatically when its refreshing the music.

Anyway, Does anyone else support my idea for making the text buffer 10K?

ZenSearch - for balanced search results.
http://www.ZenSearch.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you_at_yourchoice.com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag