Subject: RE: Hard drives that work/don't work with power off

RE: Hard drives that work/don't work with power off

From: Henri DAVID <hdavid_at_mail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 14:34:27 +0100

> > BUT i have feeling that power on procedure takes more time to "boot up"
> > the drive before it's ready.
>
> Yes, it now does take a little extra bit of time to start the
> disk. It is the time needed for the drive electronics to "boot".
> I estimate it to something like 100-500 ms more than before.
for my point of view it's more around 500ms. and i was thinking .... could
this generate a problem with playback and low watermark, since the drive is
slower to start, the buffer could eventually gets empty before the hard is
able "throw" some mp3 data into the buffer ?

> I'll add a primitive battery runtime meter so we can compare run times.
cool. is there in the archos some kind of current mesurement Chip ?

henri