Subject: Re: power from a USB source. schematics from another website & question...

Re: power from a USB source. schematics from another website & question...

From: George Michaelson <ggm_at_apnic.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:55:56 +1000

http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/960

is a schematic to get a 5v and a 3.3v from a powered USB socket without
(apparently) ruining the port for datacomms.

Is it plausible that this could be tweaked to give the required volts to
re-charge a rockbox via its power-in (not by USB, I realize that isn't really
on the table right now) because I have empower for my laptop, so can drag in
volts from a plane, and if I could feed them back out I'd get the 14+hours
needed for a trans-pacific flight...

cheers

-George