Subject: Re: Please test the new ATA code

Re: Please test the new ATA code

From: BoD <BoD_at_JRAF.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:58:16 +0100

Ok it did not work well with my recorder 20.
I had a lot of crashes (I hear the disk turns off, with the high pitch sound
fishhhh), red light stays on and nothing happens, I have to reboot to make
it work again.
This happened after pressing next while listening to a track, or when it
goes next in the playlist by itself
It happened with option "Disk Poweroff" ON or OFF.

Here are my stats:

Drive: HITACHI_DK23CA-20
ROM: 1.24
Mask: 0x0102
USB: positive
ATA: 0x200
PR: positive
Freq: 11.0592MHz

BoD

"Björn Stenberg" <bjorn_at_haxx.se> a écrit dans le message de news:
20021203154656.GH13272_at_linux3.contactor.se...
Hi.

There has been a number of fixes to the ATA driver today. I would like to
ask all who have had problems to test the current bleeding edge build or the
2002-12-04 daily build when it is built.

These fixes should also hopefully remove the "silent play" issue we've seen
previously, and perhaps even the "disk freeze when bumped" problem.

--
Björn