Subject: RE: Please test the new ATA code

RE: Please test the new ATA code

From: James Ockwell <James_at_justrams.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:46:26 +0000

mail_at_justrams.co.uk - Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are
those of the sender and do not necessarily coincide with those of Just
Rams Plc. Computer viruses can be transmitted with e-mails. The
recipient must virus-check this email and any attachments. E-mails may
be monitored and stored.

Worked ok with my recorder 20, harddrive Hitachi DK23DA-20
        James

===== Original Message from rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se at 04/12/02 09:58
Ok it did not work well with my recorder 20.
I had a lot of crashes (I hear the disk turns off, with the high pitch sound
fishhhh), red light stays on and nothing happens, I have to reboot to make
it work again.
This happened after pressing next while listening to a track, or when it
goes next in the playlist by itself
It happened with option "Disk Poweroff" ON or OFF.

Here are my stats:

Drive: HITACHI_DK23CA-20
ROM: 1.24
Mask: 0x0102
USB: positive
ATA: 0x200
PR: positive
Freq: 11.0592MHz

BoD

"Bjrn Stenberg" <bjorn_at_haxx.se> a crit dans le message de news:
20021203154656.GH13272_at_linux3.contactor.se...
Hi.

There has been a number of fixes to the ATA driver today. I would like to
ask all who have had problems to test the current bleeding edge build or the
2002-12-04 daily build when it is built.

These fixes should also hopefully remove the "silent play" issue we've seen
previously, and perhaps even the "disk freeze when bumped" problem.

--
Bjrn