Subject: Re: Power off testing - current and spinup time

Re: Power off testing - current and spinup time

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:06:01 +0100

The fixed spinup clocking proves that you were right about the added spinup time for poweroff:

Disk: Toshiba MK4018GAP
Average spinup time from SLEEP mode: ~2600 ms
Average spinup time from power off: ~3500 ms

This may have a negative effect on buffer watermarks when combining a slow disk with high-bitrate songs. So I we'll leave the poweroff option in the code until dynamic watermark handling is fixed.

--
Björn