Subject: Re: Playlist Organization

Re: Playlist Organization

From: icabod <icabod_at_impaktdevices.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:13:24 -0800

My personal preferance in winamp is quite different from my jukebox directory structure. The reason is that I find it hard to scroll through 2400+ songs on an 8-line screen (not to mention that rockbox doesn't support that many songs in a single folder). :)

My mp3s are organized thusly:
/music/Genre/Artist/Artist - Song.mp3

My playlist commands for id3browse:

_at_echo off
id3browse \ \music\(Genre)=Genre \music\(Artist)=Artist \music\(Album)=Artist+album
pause

So that in my /music/ directory, I have /(Album) /(Artist) and /(Genre) folders at the top of the directory.

I find that the best way for me to create custom playlists is with Winamp. I then put them in /music/(Preferred)/.

Works for me and it doesn't take much to find the music I want to hear.

Hope this helps.

icabod