Subject: New ATA code: My observations

New ATA code: My observations

From: Bradley Alexander <storm_at_tux.org>
Date: 08 Dec 2002 00:24:23 -0500

Hey,

I had a chance today to get a little more use out of my Archos (JB6000).
These are my experiences with the bleeding edge (from the 021204-0022
build).

Friday, I was in the data center at work, after using in the car. After
an hour drive, the battery showed 96%. After about 5 minutes in the data
center, I experienced a lockup. The rest of the day I used it in the
car.

I was able to use it pretty extensively today (went to a computer show),
and it was in my pocket all day. It only locked up once.

This evening, I was using it in my shirt pocket when I had a lockup. the
batteries were down to about 30%.

Ran into the blinking light issue a moment ago. Was playing a song, hit
stop. Archos started reading off of the drive, red light on solid. After
about 3 seconds, red light started blinking. The display said

133/335: St
4:21 6:07

Someone said that the error code should be displayed, so since it
wasn't, I tried to go into the menu. Couldn't do it, so I had to power
off to get it back.

Something else I noticed was that the battery level detection shows a
false (?) indication. The battery seems to drain faster, though even at
19%, its still going strong...It just seems to get to 19% faster.

For what its worth, these are a few of my observations.

--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |