Subject: Re: Jukebox FM?

Re: Jukebox FM?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 08:47:21 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 JJTye_at_aol.com wrote:

> I read with interest about using the Rockbox firmware on an FM Recorder.
> One possible difference was "a different file system". I though all
> Archoses (Archi?) use the FAT32 system.

I don't think they use any other file system, that would make it very tricky
to just mount it as an external hard drive under Windows which I bet people
still do.

Anyone with an FM recorder could just rip it apart and check if it isn't a
ISD300 or something in there. There just isn't enough brave FM owners yet!
;-) Anyone with an FM and Linux could tell 100% for sure.

> One thing im worried about is that when Archos eventually stop making the
> current Players and Recorders, does that mean the end of the Rockbox
> project? Hope not!!

Eh, all of us (more or less at least) here already have our Players and
Recorders. Why would we stop making this software just because Archos would
stop selling them?

> By the way, what do you lot think of the re-designed body for the FM
> Recorder? Personally I prefer the rugged industrial look of the current
> Recorders rather than the "melted Ipod" look of the FM Recorder.

The FM clearly looks similar to a Multimedia which seems to be Archos "new
look".

--
Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg -- http://rockbox.haxx.se/