Subject: Sound quality with Rockbox

Sound quality with Rockbox

From: Infoman: Joerg Boehmert <boehmert_at_infoman.de>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:29:54 +0100

First of all my KUDOS and thanks to all the developers that bring the
Rockbox-project forward. Really good job!

I noted one problem:
Can it be that the sound is better with the original Archos firmware than
with the Rockbox-firmware? I've been testing Rockbox V1.4 since October and
I tried to change the sound settings with both firmwares, but couln't get it
the same. In german I would call the effect I can hear with Rockbox
"klirren", in english I don't know the correct expression (clang, clank,
clink ?).

Am I beeing audiophile or paranoid? :-)

Best regards,
Joerg