Subject: Bookmarks (was: Resume after USB)

Bookmarks (was: Resume after USB)

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:00:56 +0100

Chris Holt wrote:
> Perhaps now with writing available an auto-bookmark function could be
> enabled. I envision being able to stop listening at some point in a track,
> go off and listen to music or another book and when that track is played
> again, the position will be remembered. This is the way Audible audiobooks
> work on many of the supported players, like my Rio 600. Would this be easy
> to implement?

It's fairly trivial.

The question is more how the user interface should work. Would pressing STOP *always* create a bookmark for the file at the current point? And then, should we *always* ask if you want to resume when you select to play this file? What about if the file is part of a playlist?

--
Björn