Subject: Re: Recording - only while signal is present == Timer

Re: Recording - only while signal is present == Timer

From: Farhad Nabet <nabet_at_chapar.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:12:14 +0330

Hi,

Archos FM Recorder buffers around 30 sec of Radio, so that user won't miss
anything. I hope you could write a code for buffering data. I mean you have
30 sec from behind, buffered; you press start and it will record from 30 sec
before (or any other intervals. I prefer 2~10 sec). Could you also use it
while recording from Line In/SPDIF?

Archos has mic peaks while recording (as I saw in manual, since I have no
jukebox yet!). Your code could have a starting peak (defined by user,
adjustable while recording), when sound's over (higher) the peak, it will
start recording from 1-2 sec (it would be best if it's adjustable, too)
behind (buffered in memory). When the sound's off the peak, it will pause
recording after 2-3 seconds (or more, cause you should let the preacher
breath!), so there's a 4-5 sec silence between starting/ending and then
start buffering again.

It's very nice if all intervals are adjustable by user, also could be set to
'off' while recording from Line In/SPDIF.

You're really doing your best, thanks!