Subject: bug? More recording problems - part 2

bug? More recording problems - part 2

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 01:48:42 +0100

Hi,

> With cvs 021211
> on a JB20
>
> ROM 1.28
> Mask: 0x0302
> USB: positive
> ATA 0x200
> PR:Positive
> Freq: 11.0592MHz

I'm still using the same CVS and have tried a digital 48kHz
recording. I wanted to attempt a long overnight - but ran into
problems.

First strange thing I noticed that the peak meter showed some
 - not much - movement. This was new for digital recording. Still
the peak was very low so I decided to plug in the headphones to
find out what was wrong:

I did not hear anything - when I record digitally with the Archos
firmware I have the signal on the headphones... So I stopped the
recording and it played back OK. Alas, only 18 seconds - the last
seconds for the half hour recording were there. This happened to me
yesterday as well so I can now safely say that recording right after a
bootup does not work. The second does...

I also notived that the recording timer resets when you press F2 or
F3 while recording to check the source...

Hope this is useful.
Martin