Rockbox mail archiveSubject: trickle charge finished
trickle charge finished
From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 13:32:43 +0100
Trickle charge is implemented, tested and added to cvs.
- It does 90 min "top off" charging and 12h trickle charge.
- Both work with a voltage regulation (charging about 20 sec per
- Charging with "deep discharge off" is now started with a battery level
<85 % (not 95%!). That's because the higher value was to keep the
batteries full (and there's trickle charge now). Also it's needed to not
start another (normal) charge cycle in the trickle time.
My test results with trickle charge (battery capacities measured with an
- after normal charge and top off time: 1798, 1834, 1819, 1815 mAh
- after normal + top off + trickle charge (12h): 1784, 1748, 1738, 1752 mAh
- charged with external charger: 1786, 1819, 1802, 1802 mAh
So it seems to work. :)
There's a new file docs/CHARGING_ALGORITHM. Please read if you want to
Not implemented yet (I'm working on it):
- trickle charge switchable on/off in menu
- nicer display in "info" menu ("charge"/"top off"/"trickle")
Received on 2002-12-14