Subject: Re: Roadmap (a bit more detailed?)

Re: Roadmap (a bit more detailed?)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:36:15 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Christian Folini wrote:

> I see FAT-writing support being the base of recording and the file
> management. Is rockbox far from writing and modifying files?

Code for writing and modifying files is already written and present in the
source code. That was a requirement for the recording functionality.

> What logical steps are there to reach 2.0?

We basicly need more features that use the disk writing code: We need a
function that generate playlists. We could have code for "bookmarks". We
should probably have code for doing queueing (I know Hardeep is working on
this). We should also add code for deleting and renaming files etc.

All this stuff can be written today, if we only can work out the interface on
how they should be controlled by the user.

We haven't decided exactly how much of all this that must be present before
we release 2.0, but until we have recording working solidly, I can't see that
we can release it.

All this is my view of things. Others may disagree.

--
Daniel "Bagder" Stenberg -- http://rockbox.haxx.se/