Subject: recording

recording

From: ijed <ijed_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 01:39:54 +1100

Rec Build: 16Dec2002
-------------------------------
All in all recording seems to be working really well. I just recorded some 15mb+ recordings and they are excellent.

Just to nit pick the interface, probably stuff you've already noticed. (Hope I don't sound ingrateful :)
- Just noticed that pressing any of the menu keys while recording resets the timer.
- The flashing 'recording' text could be too much. Just the recording symbol on the status bar flashing we be cool, and with the timer and the data size it's pretty irrelevant now. A disk space left would be good but it's already under the info menu.
- Is it possible to still explore the hard drive and other menus while recording?
- Also noticed my datestamp reading 1983. Could be new to this build or the fact i've taken the batteries out recently.

I was also wondering if it's possible/worth creating a new playlist file format to set tempos and possibly loop points to create a kinda redimentary step sequencer? Could be lotsa fun

Anyway it's very impressive. I hope to get a chance on my holidays to learn some more about this cool piece o hardware.

Jed