Subject: DEAD DC IN

DEAD DC IN

From: Keno <keno2000_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:01:24 +0200

My DC IN is gone!!!
I plugged in the charger just now and there was nothing there to hold it
in. Something inside came loose.

This is a serious problem for me.. I have an external charger for nimh
batteries and a spare set, but I don't know how long the device will
operate as a USB2 disk. In USB mode the batteries die so fast...

What should I do? I'd be grateful for any advice.

I remember someone saying in the chan once that his unit no longer
charges. Don't remember who that was and I don't keep logs anymore, but
that guy must have some useful information about this.

Should I open it and try to solder whatever it was that came loose? I
checked out the site and it doesn't look too complicated, but I have no
warranty whatsoever (not US based) and losing my archos is NOT an
option.

Help me out guys.

Keno