Subject: Re: PIC12C508A-based remote

Re: PIC12C508A-based remote

From: George Styles <george_at_ripnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:27:50 -0000

Wouldnt we be better building a interface so the Sony remotes for walkman
etc could be used on Archos? that way there would be less design issues, and
I presume it would be more robust than a home-brew remote.

The sony remotes work by sending a varying resistance across two wires.

as an aside, could we use the analog in (line in) for this? if we connected
the resistance through a small battary, and then could read the current
input level on line in, would we have a remote control? does the MAS allow
this? would the DC current blow something???

lots of q's but no answers!