Subject: heating

heating

From: Doug <him10101_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:40:12 -0800 (PST)

I suspect this is just a matter of common sense, but...
after about 3 hours of having the jukebox connected via USB, it crashed (thank
god it wasn't writing at the time). After booting up I noticed that the
battery light was flashing, indicating to me that the heating from the HD had
tricked the charging code into thinking that the batteries were charged, which
shortly led to a loss of power.
Is there any way to avoid this in the future aside from the obvious method of
taking breaks? If not, this is just a warning to anybody else who might be
backing up their entire drive in one sitting. (Please don't comment)
-Doug