Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: archos 6000 problem

archos 6000 problem

From: Daniel Wanitsch <wanitsch_at_freesurf.ch>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:38:20 +0100

Hi everybody

Since today I have a really irritating problem.
I know it's off-topic, but you are experts :-)
When the archos boots, it says "HD register error". Somehow there seems to be a hardware problem:
there may be some bad contacts. When I press my fingers on the case in a special way , it boots ordinary.
If I stop pressing, it shuts down. Even when I press on the display (not any buttons!), the player shuts down..
I could connect USB once, but winXP didn't find any errors on the harddisk.

do you have any suggestions how to solve this problem?
open, take apart and reassemble? :-)

thanks a lot in advance!

Daniel