Subject: Re: Rockbox on FM

Re: Rockbox on FM

From: <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:03:25 -0800 (PST)

Paul,

Try it with the charger plugged in. The rockbox software expects Recorder-style batteries, not the LiON battery your FM has.

Then you'll see the rockbox logo overlaying your root directory listing. The only working keys will be F3 (clear logo) and "off" (turn off).

You may find that your usb driver no longer recognizes the device; if so, unmount ("stop" the device), disconnect the cable, uninstall the driver, and then connect the usb. A Windows PC (at least my Windows 2000 Pro SP 3) will install a different driver, and you'll be able to see the drive in your filesystem.

BTW, what battery life are you seeing under the 1.30j firmware? I'm getting no more than six (6) hours of continuous use.