Re: probs with this mailing-list

From: Paul van der Heu <pvdh_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 18:41:21 +0100

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 16:46:29 +0100, Marc Tricou wrote:

>Another problem would be solved: In this mailing list, posts don't
>move "to top" when someone answers. So discussions die quite fast
>and questions probably will posted again and again.

This is more an issue with your mailreader and less with the list
itself. In PocoMail (the reader I use) threads with new messages get
highlited so I know where the new message are and by the original
subject I can judge whether it is of importance to me..

Also PoCoMail moves all thing RockBock into it's own folder as sson
as it comes in.. with subfolders for mainlist and Sourforge stuff..

If I expand a thread I see instantly who posted, when and to which
message in the thread he/she replied..

>With a forum like ezboard oder commulive or similar posts move to

IMO these forums are for kids and Internet newbies. I find a straight
mailing list much more usefull if only I do NOT have to be online to
read messages and each message is on my own system so
archiving/retrieval is much faster and does not require on-line time.

PW