Subject: RE: Backlight on recorder dimming?

RE: Backlight on recorder dimming?

From: <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:41:48 -0500

My recorder FM's backlight also dims at times. This generally happens when
it's using the hard drive, so I've always assumed that archos's power is
insufficient to supply the hdd and the backlight simultaneously. I'm running
the archos firmware (1.30j).

As in your examples, the dimming occurs when I press a button -- usually a
button (enter directory, etc.) that causes the archos to have to read the
drive. I have not seen the backlight go out entirely (except when its
timeout has been reached).