Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: people who own an archos jukebox recorder 20
Re: people who own an archos jukebox recorder 20
From: Ricardo <theonlyrick_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:43:43 +0000 (GMT)
If your FM recorder doesn't update with the Rockbox firmware, there is no problem. The Rockbox firmware was written for the AJB Studios & Recorders, not for the FM unit. At the moment there is no Rockbox for the FM recorder. (There *might* not ever be one, it depends on what the Rockbox team decide.)
If I've missed the point of your message, let me know.
Scott Rose <scottrose86_at_msn.com> wrote:
SOMEBODY PLEEEEASSSEEE HELP!
IM DESPERATELY NEEDING ASSISTANCE!
I am this in the hope that you can help. I am having when trying to update
the firmware on my Archos Jukebox FM. I have tried my best to follow all the
guidelines and information provided, but I am still having no luck.
(Please note that before reading on, i am using The FM Recorder, but am
trying to use rockboxx, 1.4 (i think) so that the player itself will be the
best it can be. I dont really mind loosing the FM radio in the short term.)
I will now write the steps which I use when trying to update the firmware,
so that if I am making any simple mistakes, it will be obvious to you.
1. Connect the Archos to the mains
2. Connect the Archos to the PC using USB 2
3. Windows XP Detects the drive and explores its contents
4. Download newer firmware, either from your site or Rockboxx
5. Extract the contents of the .Zip file straight into the drive Jukebox
(I:) in my case, making sure as to not put it into any subfolders
6. Unplug/Eject the device within Windows XP
7. Manually remove the USB 2 cable
8. However, at this point the Jukebox resumes charging, so if I press the
off button for 3 seconds nothing happens. So using common sense, I removed
the Power cable, at which point it said shutting down
9. However, after then turning the FM Recorder back on, it still has the
same firmware version.
10. So I then tried exactly the same procedure again, but this time without
the Power connector plugged into the unit.
11. I then unplugged/ejected the device from within Windows XP
12. I then finally removed the USB 2 Cable manually.
13. However, after doing so the Jukebox FM Recorder 20 simply stayed with
“Archos Jukebox Recorder” for a few seconds, before continuing to load the
firmware, which had then not been updated.
I would be grateful for any help or guidance you can give me to correct this
problem I am having.
I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
-- Groucho Marx
With Yahoo! Mail you can get a bigger mailbox -- choose a size that fits your needs
Received on 2002-12-30