Subject: Re: > 32 GB?

Re: > 32 GB?

From: Matthias Wächter <matthias_at_waechter.wiz.at>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:50:45 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Harald Milz wrote:

> this may have been discussed before but I couldn't find anything in the ML
> archives or the FAQ.

> AFAIK FAT32 only supports 32GB partitions.

No, that's only Microsoft's strategy to let you think that.

> Now that 60GB disks are available how's that going to be handled? My
> AJB6k has a 30GB Toshiba disk right now, with just 3,odd GB left and
> filling up. Will/does Rockbox support partitions bigger than 32GB, ar
> would I need to make 2 <32GB partitions or something?

Look at my posting:
http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2002-09/0302.shtml

in short: the "Paragon Partition Manager" (is it really still missing in
the FAQ?) allows for partitioning and formatting of any-size FAT32
partitions. The demo version is totally free of charge. See
http://www.partition-manager.com

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
                    "To get control over people, make them trust you.
                                            To make people trust you