Subject: (maybe OffTopic) Re: USB cable - will any do?

(maybe OffTopic) Re: USB cable - will any do?

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 20:01:37 +0100 (MET)

> I didn't ask, just checked their website. I didn't loose mine, I
> wanted a second one for the office.
> Thanks.
mhhh - on the homepage i can just find special adapter cables rated 49.00 €+
e.g. for archos multimedia which contains electronics - so the price is
somewhat justifiable.

They sell DUMB A-to-A cables for $30 ??? Could you send a link? Can`t
believe that.

> Archos' FAQ address the cable question, but is very vague with the
> answer.
That is not vague - that is nonsense, IMHO !

The Jukebox MP3 Recorders FAQ at
http://www.archos.com/lang=en/support/tech_jbrec_faq.html

claims:

"3. Can I just use a generic USB cable to connect my Jukebox to my computer?
The Jukebox USB cable is manufacture specific with the drivers. If you need
additional cables, you can purchase directly from Archos."

Hey archos, you've gotta be kidding !?

regards
Roland