Subject: RE: FM transmitters - any suggestions ?

RE: FM transmitters - any suggestions ?

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer_at_gci.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:51:43 -0900

Bryce Benton [me_at_brycebenton.com] writes:

> does anyone have a recommendation for the best way to play
> the rockbox over a car stereo (only has CD player and AM/FM
> tuner.... no input jack) ?

Radio Shark sells a model, but it runs on AAA and doesn't
have that good of an output.

I've tried a couple of different models, one of which was
b0rk3d and didn't provide a stereo signal.

I'm thinking about getting this one:
http://www.everythingipod.com/suggest.tpl?command=search&db=dbs/products.db&
cart=10419651762012846&eqSKUdatarq=001-sf100&max=1&eqAVAILdatarq=YES&eqtype1
datarq=For%20Your%20Car

because it plugs into the lighter socket, and also provides a DC-out
(although
it only supplies up to 6v.. i may have to do some work to get it to supply
the 9V that I really want..)

The nice thing about this model is that it has continuous tuning, instead of
2-4 fixed frequencies.