Subject: Re: Minimalistic Build-Environment for win32 (~7.5MB)

Re: Minimalistic Build-Environment for win32 (~7.5MB)

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 21:52:17 +0100 (MET)

One last thing (i hope :) to mention:

For hacking C source on windows, this isn`t really fun with windows
"builtin" editors.
(as you know when you do programming for some time)
There exists vi or emacs for windows, too, but no wonder that not everybody
likes
them :)

I`d like to recommend a good freeware editor which has many features and
makes
it somewhat the "ultraedit freeware replacement" ;)

It is called "ConTEXT" at: http://fixedsys.com/context/

It has syntaxhighlighting for C(++) source code, too.
Perhaps, you give it a try...

regards
Roland

PS:
Even though this is a VERY good editor, there has some discussion around,
that
it could delete files under very special circumstances (see forum). If you
have a
problem with that - perhaps you wait for the next bugfix/update!?