Subject: RE: playing ajb in a car (Was: <blank>)

RE: playing ajb in a car (Was: <blank>)

From: Jason Peter <jasonpeter_at_4mybenefits.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:55:25 -0500

I got an iRock transmitter as a present over the holidays. One car I have
has a cassette so I use the cassette adaptor there since it sounds better.
In the 2nd vehicle, I have to use the iRock - it works OK if their is no
radio station on the same freq. If there is a moderate signal coming in
from a radio station the quality will suffer.

Can't really speak to battery length on the alkaline AA's, but the button is
indeed very easy to accidentaly turn on, thereby wasting the batteries.

Another downside is that you can only choose from 4 or 5 freq. (can't
remember off hand) 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, 88.7, and 88.9 I think.

I actually had to change from 88.1 to 88.7 and back all in one 4 hour trip
through Indiana because of interference.

One last thing... the iRock doesn't seem to handle even a flat setting on
the Archos 20GB Recorder with volume set past 85 on a loud song without
distorting - ouch!

I wouldn't buy one, but the one I have may come in handy during a trip or at
a friend's house to play through a radio. It is small and lightweight.

Just my 2 cents

Jason Peter
Cincinnati, Ohio

BTW - my first post - keep up the awesome work on the project guys - I was
thrilled to find out about this AFTER I got the unit - what a wonderful
surprise!