Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Most Wanted Features We Won't See In Rockbox
Most Wanted Features We Won't See In Rockbox
From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:52:52 +0100 (MET)
The feature request tracker for Rockbox gets fed an awful lot of duplicates.
Recently, I think more than 50% of all new entries are duplicates of already
existing features, and many of them are duplicates of features we will never
be able to add in Rockbox.
By going public with this list of very frequently requested features we
cannot do, I hope that we will reduce the flood of duplicates somewhat.
I'm planning on putting this list (or an adjusted version) at the top of the
feature requests page, to discourage people from re-adding requests for these
particular requests AGAIN.
These are all features we have gotten multiple requests for, and that we
repeatedly explain we cannot do.
Please do not add requests for these features:
1. Record to WAV (uncompressed) or MP3pro format
2. Crossfade between tracks
3. Interfacing with other USB devices (like cameras) or 2 player games over
4. support MP3pro and WMA playback
5. Converting Ogg->Mp3
6. Archos Multimedia support
7. multi-band (or graphic) equalizer
8. other filesystems than FAT32 (like NTFS or ext2 or whatever)
9. scandisk-like features
10. CBR recording
11. Change tempo of a song without changing pitch
-- Daniel Stenberg -- http://rockbox.haxx.se/ -- http://daniel.haxx.se/Received on 2003-01-14