Subject: Re: Games on Studios?

Re: Games on Studios?

From: Robert Hak <rhak_at_ramapo.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:47:19 -0500 (EST)

By _really_ bad. Do you mean that 'well.. we could only have a 'game
board' 3 rows high and 10 cols wide?

Then yeah. I guess.

/Adi

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Ben wrote:

I know the game thing has been brought up before, sorry bout leaving this
out, but has anyone thought that you could make games using charsets?
 I.e. - It would involve a lot of characters, but:
|X| | |
| | | |
| | | |
(one character, with X representing a pixel where snake starts)
if starts going right:
| |X| |
| | | |
| | | |
and so on. as snake moved/grew off one character, would continue onto
another. anyway, sorry I couldn't word this better, hope i got the point
accross. I wish I could try to do this myself but I have absolutely no
experience with programming (cept HTML:) )
would this require more memory than is present for the system to keep track
of all the different characters and what they mean as the snake grows?
-Ben

"Ben" <psykosys_at_twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
> This is probably a stupid question, but has anyone tried making games for
> non-Recorder players? It would seem like a really bad version of Snake
> could work.
>
> -Ben

| Robert E. Hak < http://phobos.ramapo.edu/~rhak > |

"I hear more than I like to so i boil my head in a sense of humor,
 laugh at what i cannot change, and i throw it all on the pyre again."
        - Dave Matthews Band, Drive in Drive out