Subject: Re: Rocklatin in Player

Re: Rocklatin in Player

From: Kjell Ericson <Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:35:08 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Ben wrote:

> Using todays daily build on my non-hardware-modified studio 10, i can't seem
> to change font (press play over fonts on player but nothing happens) they
> have the backwards ? symbol next to them- does this mean that fonts aren't
> implemented in this player build? Anyway, great job making that, hope to
> see it soon.

Yes, you can't change fonts in player. Read
http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/rocklatin.html and you will understand that we
depend on the hardware.
The Player can't/shouldn't understand font files.

I can't see any future where you can change the whole font. Even with
Rocklatin implementation you can't be sure that the char you expect to see
really is shown.

Hard life...

  // Kjelle