Subject: Re: Compiled Bookmarks Firmware

Re: Compiled Bookmarks Firmware

From: Vincent Kargatis <lartis_at_ath.forthnet.gr>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:59:57 +0200

> My assumption would be to check if playlist_get_resume_info() returns
> QUEUE_BEGIN_PLAYLIST. If so, I wouldn't allow a bookmark to occure.
> The reason behind this would be because the queue will change from
> time to time and therefor it would be un-reliable to bookmark it.

My thought about bookmarks + queue is that since a queue is by
definition a non-permanent playlist addition, that the most natural
bookmarking result is that it choose the closest real playlist entry -
perhaps the most recent playlist entry before the queued sequence? Can
that be parsed easily? That would result in a bookmark that's as close
as possible to what was being played, but expectedly not remembering a
transitory (queued) track - a result which seems intuitive to me, as a
user.
--
Vincent Kargatis
np: They Might Be Giants - "Why Does the Sun Shine?"