Subject: How can I build the Simulator target under cygwin?

How can I build the Simulator target under cygwin?

From: <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 07:06:52 -0500

I've made and installed all the tools needed for making Rockbox under cygwin
under Windows 2000 (Service Pack 3). However, I can't build the simulated
version of Rockbox. Targeting it for Windows 32 wants i386-mingw32msvc-gcc;
targeting to X wants X libs and headers.

What's the simplest way to build a simulator version under cygwin/Windows
2000? Can cygwin gcc substutute for mingw (if I recall correctly, loading
mingw under cygwin requires putting mingw ahead in the path, with all sorts
of nasty consequences.) (I also recall that getting X simulated under cygwin
is no joyful romp either.)

In answer to my own question, no, gcc won't substitute for mingw.

Thanks.