Subject: Re: How can I build the Simulator target under cygwin?

Re: How can I build the Simulator target under cygwin?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 13:11:23 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 rockbox_at_diffenbach.org wrote:

> I've made and installed all the tools needed for making Rockbox under
> cygwin under Windows 2000 (Service Pack 3). However, I can't build the
> simulated version of Rockbox. Targeting it for Windows 32 wants
> i386-mingw32msvc-gcc; targeting to X wants X libs and headers.

No one ever made it work. We still await patches that fix this problem!

> What's the simplest way to build a simulator version under cygwin/Windows
> 2000?

AFAIK, it isn't possible without hands-on fiddling. The only way to build the
sim on Windows is currently the MSVC way.

> Can cygwin gcc substutute for mingw (if I recall correctly, loading mingw
> under cygwin requires putting mingw ahead in the path, with all sorts of
> nasty consequences.) (I also recall that getting X simulated under cygwin
> is no joyful romp either.)

The reason for the mingw's existance in that makefile is that we have a
mingw cross-compiler running on Linux for the compile-status table on the web
site. Feel free to modify whatever's necessary to make a simulator build on
Windows.