Subject: Re: FM Recorder power level - patch attached

Re: FM Recorder power level - patch attached

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 08:51:31 -0000 (GMT)

> Unfortunately, it seems as if that doesn't work. I tried it and it
> powers off immediately. I even tried booting it up with the power in,
> waiting a bit, and then disconnecting it, and it still turns right off

Strange! I've tested it quite a bit, and it seems fine.

Overnight, I've been thinking a bit more about the way it works, and I've
updated my patch. Basically the changes need to go in adc_read, so that
every bit of code that reads the battery level gets the correct value. I
made the changes in a bit of a hurry this morning, but it's working fine
for me here - the values in the battery debug screen show correctly etc,
and no unwanted poweroffs.

I didn't have time to make a patch, but I've attached an updated
firmware/drivers/adc.h file, as it's only a small file anyway, and also
uploaded the rebuilt firmware to www.mikeholden.uklinux.net/ajbrec.ajz
same as before.

This patch is more of a proof-of-concept at the moment, and needs a bit of
rearranging to move #defines to the header files etc, but hopefully a few
people can have a look at it. It should hopefully suffice until we find a
way to read the proper value direct from the hardware!

Also, I think the battery scaling needs looking at for the FM, but I'll
post a new thread for that!

Mike Holden

  • application/octet-stream attachment: adc.c