Subject: JukeBox in Australasia...

JukeBox in Australasia...

From: Quiffman <quiffman_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:58:04 +1300

Hello All!

I've just aquired my new (2nd hand) toy, a JB6000... having read most (if
not all) documentation on rockboxx etc, I'm willing to have a go at modding
the memory in my JB... I realise this isn't a job for the faint-hearted, but
I'm pretty confident all the same...

My prob is I'm having a damn hard time trying to source the suggested part
(Goldstar -
GM71VS65163CLT5

, or the newer Hynix version -
HY51VS65173HGLT5

) *Anywhere!*, let alone somewhere that will ship to New Zealand... Hynix
themselves doesn't even have any in stock, and won't until June!

What I was wondering was if there was anyone in Australasia (or anywhere
really, this is just a little closer to home) who has done this, or knows
where I could source this part, or could possibly donate (or sell) one or
two to me?

Cheers for any help,

Ricky