Subject: Re: Blind mode

Re: Blind mode

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:03:21 +0100

Joaquim Carvalho wrote:
> Playing the entire disk should be possible without a playlist

Haven't we been through this enough already? There are exactly ZERO diadvantages with using a playlist for whole-disk play. Yet there are some major disadvantages with *not* using a playlist:

1) Just finding all files on a disk takes several minutes. Why don't I think you would enjoy waiting for that?

2) The path information for my 40G disk is well over half a megabyte in size. Tat means at least 25% shorter battery life.

--
Björn