Subject: Rockbox FM USB charging?

Rockbox FM USB charging?

From: TP Diffenbach <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:21:47 -0500

I think that I 've read that the Rockbox FM builds no longer attempt to manage charging, as the FM does this in hardware.

Is this also true for recharging through the USB connection? It appears (from the battery display) that the Rockbox FM is charging when connected to USB. My main worry is, is the hardware or is the Rockbox controling this, and if the later, is there a danger of overcharging?

Also, it appears that the battery is running down somewhat more quickly under the Rockbox FM softwaere than under the Archos software. Or do I have incorrect battery settings? I have "Battery Capacity set to the default, 1500 mAh. Is this correct for the FM? Does changing this actually change how the power/battery is managed, or just the equation for displaying battery level? (I.e., can I break anything by changing it?)
--
Archos FM has a Rockbox!