Subject: Re: Fonts and progressbar

Re: Fonts and progressbar

From: Jens Hatlak <jh_at_junetz.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:32:52 +0100

Am 20.02.03 13:30 schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
>>>1) I cannot switch fonts (*.fnt). Downloaded them all and tried to "play"
>>some of them - nothing happened. :-/
>
> Welcome to our FAQ:
>
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#45

OK, but a simple "(not on Player)" on the fonts page would be enough for
other people not to run into the same problem...

>>2) How does patch approval work in this project?
>
> In a semi-random fashion depending on the mood, time and energy of the people
> that commit things to CVS ;-)
>
> The voices and opinions of the masses are of course very important.

OK. One voice for the patch mentioned. :-) More? Anyone? ;-)

>>BTW: You advise people to make a .rockbox directory and store default
>>settings there. No word about problems there: You cannot create a directory
>>with a leading period using Explorer (I used MS-DOS prompt) and with
>>default Rockbox conf the dir doesn't show up... Finally figured it out, but
>>those two things were quite tricky.
>
> Feel free to suggest where and how to document that in a better way than
> currently.

Where: under User Manual, heading Configuration. One sentence under the
bullet list. Something like "Note: Windows user may create the .rockbox
custom settings folder by entering the following into MS-DOS Prompt:
md e:\.rockbox
where e: is your jukebox. Also note that this folder won't appear in the
Directory Browser unless you switch Menu>General Settings>File View>Show
Files to 'All'.".

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>
Jugendnetz Frankfurt Adminteam <http://ffm.junetz.de/>